Skip is looking for an experienced EPM who is excited to join us and design the world’s best micromobility electric vehicle fleet. You ideally have experience working with contract manufacturers in Asia. You’ll work with both our engineering teams and also with external partners as we develop the next generation of vehicles.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and engage in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own build and delivery schedules to ensure supply of components and finished goods matches demand and minimizes excess and overage
- Collaborate with the Engineering, NPI, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Commodity Management and Logistics teams to ensure we are adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Partner with Finance and Inventory Management to optimize cost and increase awareness through sustaining product transitions, inventory planning, and E&O
- Manage freight forwarders for timely deliveries
- Create methods to continually evaluate execution quality and identify areas for improvement
- Drive multiple programs forward efficiently effectively
- Accurately track status of materials throughout all periods of its life cycle
- Nurture relationships with suppliers and contract manufacturers to help drive timely execution
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 7-10+ years of experience in hardware materials program management
- Analytical and spreadsheet skills
- Understanding of material fulfillment strategies throughout the product life cycle
- The ability to successfully work across multiple levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an attention to detail
- Experience using ERP business systems
- Direct experience with contract manufacturers and suppliers in Asia
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.