Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The bioinformatics platform squad’s mission is to scale the entire bioinformatics team’s ability to maintain, improve, and add to our catalog of production bioinformatics pipelines across an expanding set of modern assays. Our sample volume is growing quickly and we are expanding our ability to run our pipelines in AWS, and manage the resulting data.
We are looking for an individual to join our team that can provide team leadership helping articulate and align around a team vision for delivering high quality, sustainable software solutions and further developing and supporting the growth and development of extraordinary team members
What you'll do:
- Mentoring and supporting bioinformatics and engineering staff in technical and professional growth aspects
- Help facilitate problem-solving across teams and groups
- Help translate business requirements across the company to best-in-class experiences
- Being hands-on with our bioinformatics and engineering solutions and driving technical excellence within the team
Help recruit, hire and build high-performance teams
What you bring:
- Identify more as “team captain and coach” rather than “commander in chief”
- Self-motivated individuals who are mission-driven - you’re able to make progress towards team and group goals with minimal guidance
- Experience or strong interest in bioinformatics
- Strong software engineers with previous team management experience - you’ve worked on and shipped complex engineering solutions and are ready to guide others to do the same
- Passion for software craftsmanship, quality, automation and continuous improvement
- Hands-on, technical leadership that likes being in and close to the code and not just the design and architecture
- Strong agile development experience
- Passion to recruit, hire and build high-performance engineering teams
- Technical experience leading efforts and interfacing with other teams to define, refine, and achieve project objectives
- Openness to small levels of travel as needed
- Openness contributing to source code for large open source projects
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and data presentation skills
- Experience with Python
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.