Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of product creation. We’re building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon a realtime collaboration platform.
At Figma, we tackle a wide range of technical challenges: from designing powerful but accessible features in a complex stateful application, to scaling a realtime web service to hundreds of thousands of users. We work across many stacks and technologies, but we don’t expect anyone to know them all. As an engineering manager, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills.
Our team brings a wealth of experience working on complex stateful and/or graphical applications across companies like Google, Dropbox, Mozilla, Asana, Twitter, Twitch, and more.
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of visual communication tools, welcome to Figma.
As the Engineering Manager for the Editor Fundamentals team, you’ll lead the team that manages the abstractions, rendering engine, and features that power Figma’s core design surface. You’ll work with the team to design, build and ship functionality that cuts across a wide range of technology, from compiling C++ into WebAssembly for performance critical components to designing features on top of a large scale distributed Scene Graph. Your team will directly impact the way in which millions of people design and build products across the world in companies like Microsoft, Uber, Square and more.
- Work with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Editor Teams
- Scale and mentor a diverse team of engineers at the core of our product and technology strategy through rapid business and company growth
- Collaborate with your team to build the high performance systems at the heart of our Editor technology
- Partner with Product and Design to ensure Figma’s design capabilities are best in class
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
- B.S. or higher in scientific or quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on complex systems in related fields like distributed systems, high performance simulation, realtime rendering, and/or complex applications
- Experience leading a team through rapid growth
- Cross functional collaboration with product and design
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Flexible vacation time and generous holiday breaks
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.