Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Our hope is that Seesaw will help teachers create these moments for every student in the world, every single day. We’re just getting started, but we’re well on the way towards achieving this vision -- Seesaw is used by millions of students in over half the schools in the US and teachers and students love us (Check out this real-time search for what people are saying about us on Twitter).
Seesaw is looking for an Engineering Manager who has experience leading people and projects to join our growing team. As an engineering manager at Seesaw you will have the opportunity to help engineers grow, solve technical challenges, and build a product loved by teachers, students and family members worldwide.
- Grow and develop one or more software engineering teams by holding 1:1s, giving actionable feedback, hiring, and helping the team understand how they are impacting the company goals
- Lead your team by planning, setting and executing on your team’s goals
- Foster an environment of teamwork and a diverse and inclusive culture that reflect Seesaw’s values
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your peers in the engineering team
- Work closely with product managers and designers on product strategy
What We're Looking For:
- Experience in a software engineering role with experience managing software engineers.
- Experienced in recruiting and on boarding new hires
- Excellent communication skills
- You have actively helped ship web and native mobile software used by millions of users
- You have a deep understanding of technologies and best practices to build products
- You love listening to engineers and help them succeed in their career paths
A Little About Us:
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users
- We prioritize work-life balance
- We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours and off-sites
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.