Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Grand Rounds Product Suite
Grand Rounds provides employers with a medical benefit that enables its employees to get a medical second opinion from one of the top medical experts nationwide within each specialty. When a case is initiated, the Care Team aggregates comprehensive data on each patient, and then connects that patient with a leading medical provider for his or her condition. Patients access our expert network of physicians either locally, through in-office visits, or via remote expert opinions, through our virtual clinic.
Grand Rounds orchestrates the analytics, expertise, and technology needed to deliver quality outcomes and cost savings to groups ranging from 1,000 employees to Fortune 50 employers. Our experts hone in on the most complicated, costly, and often high-risk conditions to deliver for patients the best possible diagnosis and advice on course of treatment. Grand Rounds is changing the way people access and consume care.
The Director, Data Engineering is the leader of the data engineering department at Grand Rounds. This person will be responsible for overseeing all data engineering related activities of the team ensuring proper execution of duties and alignment with the business’s overall vision. The person will be a seasoned organizational and people leader, with deep understanding and experience of data architectures, information systems deployment and storage techniques and information management and analysis tools.
The Director, Data Engineering will work with cross functional teams across the company to provide advanced data management and analytical systems and services. The ideal candidate will not only have broad data engineering experience, but will be passionate about emerging technologies, engineering and technology best practices, recruiting and building top performing, happy and motivated teams.
- Lead the Grand Rounds Data Engineering team through its next phase of growth.
- Lead, manage and mentor the existing individual contributors of the Data Engineering team.
- Design and Implement appropriate data architectures, infrastructure, data ingestion pipelines and enablement tools, processes, and controls to help the Data Engineering team grow at scale.
- Develop a data management and analysis strategy that spans and informs all areas of the business from product innovation to customer success.
- Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to guide, influence and inspire peak performance across the data architecture and analytics functions.
- Develop the data roadmap using the most appropriate technologies and manage and expand in-house data teams to support growth.
- Hire, retain and grow amazing data engineering technical talent for Grand Rounds.
- Understand the Grand Rounds set of products, partner with other engineering teams, data science, product and other relevant teams to create solutions for specific customer implementations.
- Build and grow a customer centric, data engineering organization that will match the scale and growth of Grand Rounds. Communicate regular updates to internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM related degree, Master’s degree (MBA or Technical) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an organizational and people leader.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a highly technical engineering team while also demonstrating the ability to discuss, understand and synthesize solutions for the business needs and data management requirements of other organizational units.
- A visionary leader with the ability to inspire engineering professionals to succeed in a fast changing and highly competitive market, keeping the team focused on breakthrough strategies and tactics to best leverage the resources of a fast growing company all the while encouraging a “mission-first” mentality.
- Ability to collaborate with business unit leadership as well as individual members of the team with strong empathy, and ability to creatively problem solve.
- Possess the ability to bring clarity when faced with ambiguity, while motivating and leading team contributors through complex problem domains.
- Willing to be flexible in search of generating the desired results while still leading with a bias for action. Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial thinker; ability to innovate, think outside the box.
- As an experienced leader, the qualified candidate will have had significant engineering experience with technical depth and breadth.
- Previous work experience should include projects which have built and delivered high-throughput high-capacity, secure data acquisition, processing and management systems.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.