Rylo is a powerful camera that captures everything around you and creates exceptionally smooth, beautiful video that's easy to share. Developed by a team of former Instagram and Apple engineers, Rylo’s breakthrough stabilization software and smartphone app eliminate the traditional pain points of shooting, editing, and sharing videos. With Rylo, you don’t have to worry about framing your shot or holding the camera steady to capture a video you’re proud to share — simply hit record and make the perfect video after-the-fact.
See Rylo in action
You will become part of our core software team responsible for developing application software on our camera platforms. Our camera software is a combination of an RTOS and Linux. You will work closely with the rest of the software team to create a seamless experience between our backend, mobile apps, and the camera. You will report directly to our CEO, Alex Karpenko.
Who we're looking for:
- You are an excellent C programmer
- You are an expert in low-level OS code, computer initialization, memory management and concurrency
- You have a detailed understanding of SOC architecture
- You have experience and are interested in writing code on an embedded platform
- You have some experience with the GNU toolchain (gcc, gdb, make, etc.)
- Driver experience is an asset
- BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required
- We’re backed by Accel, Sequoia and Icon Ventures
- You’ll work with and learn from a highly cross-functional engineering team. Spanning software across the full stack: embedded systems, backend, frontend, iOS, Android, and desktop.
- Just a year and a half after founding Rylo, we shipped our first camera on time and with a team of only 18. We love what we do and work hard to do it.
- Since launching in November 2017, we’ve expanded distribution to some of the top retailers, such as Amazon and Best Buy.
- We value: ownership, a thoughtful approach to problem solving, transparency, candor, and a willingness to learn and teach.
- You’ll help us build the future of cameras so that anyone can easily capture, edit, and share their favorite memories with the world.
Benefits and perks:
- Your very own Rylo camera on your first day!
- Join our team lunches, happy hours, and off-sites
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to snacks and drinks