Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
The Global Demand Center (GDC) is a shared marketing service that manages the email channel globally for Splunk’s marketing organization. We are looking for someone who loves data, thrives on analysis/insights and thinks critically when it comes to targeting and overall communications strategy. At the core of campaign strategy & execution lives a contact database and the Email Marketing Orchestration Manager will be a key driver in our persona segmentation strategy for communications. Primary duties include supporting our external agency in building/producing persona-based segments for marketing email campaigns, driving the development of key marketing personas based on customer lifecycle & buying center, amplify our global analysis and campaign performance reporting, and act as a brand ambassador for the GDC across Splunk’s entire organization. The ideal candidate will be working closely with all members of the Marketing team including Marketing Operations, Campaign Marketing, Field/Regional Marketing, Demand Generation teams, and others.
- Lead the overall strategy and apply best practices for email targeting and orchestration. This includes targeting, frequency, order, and timing on all outbound email communications.
- Develop & Maintain a campaign calendar layered with persona data
- Enhance and strengthen current global analysis and campaign performance reporting
- Look for ways to optimize email campaign performance through data analytics and reporting
- Be a subject matter expert on current database performance and audience/persona universe
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations team to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation
- Develop and implement segmentation logic that sends the right communication, at the right time, based on customer behavior, actions, and journey stage
- Present data driven recommendations and strategies to team members and management based on research findings, trends, and your knowledge of the data available.
- Analyze marketing campaign data and evaluate the overall performance of channels, assets, conversions, leads, pipeline and revenue impact.
- Provide superior customer service to our internal clients and external suppliers; managing deadlines and requirements.
- Build, manage, test and analyze nurturing programs; create/drive accelerator emails to ensure steady flow of MQLs.
- Partner with regional field marketing for nurture program awareness and localization; and identify improvements to drive better open and conversion rates.
- Support our external agency in building contact lists for marketing email campaigns based on personas and account segments.
- Measure, interpret and communicate the effectiveness of email A|B test results.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Experience within direct or database marketing functions in a B2B environment for the technology industry is preferred.
- Highly skilled at time-management, is detailed oriented and has high standards for project delivery.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, super compact seasonal environment to meet tight deadlines and anticipate problems acting proactively
- Can work independently as well as in group environments
- Process orientated, highly organized, excels at multitasking, strong documentation, coordination and project management skills
- Has a customer focused attitude
- Direct experience with Eloqua and Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; strong negotiation skills.
- Validated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Limited travel.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.