Firefly is a category-defining and fast-growing Silicon Valley startup creating the next disruptive platform in Out-Of-Home Advertising. Firefly’s investors include some of the biggest names in the VC industry, such as Google Ventures, NFX Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Firefly operates a network of Internet-Connected Digital Screens on the tops of rideshare platform (Lyft and Uber) drivers’ vehicles and taxis, thereby serving location and time dependent advertising and content for brands such as Turkish Airlines, Hotel Tonight, Venmo, Postmates, and Bonobos.
Firefly Driver Operations Regional Directors will lead the strategic direction, civic branding, operations, driver communication managers and technicians in their regions. Regional Directors will develop and execute on launch plans, monitoring service quality and overall operational excellence. They will manage the cities within their regions on daily basis and will have P&L responsibilities.
As a Driver Ops Regional Director, you will report to the SVP of Operations, and work together to shape the vision and execution for the Firefly rollout within your region, as well as a contribute to success and learnings in additional markets, through the contribution to playbooks, organization capabilities and advising with on-the-ground execution.
- Run local operations for the cities in your region profitably, including driver acquisition, support, technician teams
- Hire, manage and train technicians and driver communication managers for the cities within your region
- Plan the launch and day-to-day operational strategy for Firefly in your region
- Build, maintain and monitor reports, contribute to the development of city-specific dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Contribute to the creation of playbooks, metrics and contingency plans to govern day-to-day operations
- Lead strategic essential partnerships to build the Firefly brand locally
- Strengthen and grow the driver community through events, promotions, communications, and training within your region
- Support the PR and policy teams by representing Firefly within your region
- Liaise with our PR and policy teams to address market-specific issues surrounding launch
- Work with government relations experts to navigate the regulatory landscape post-launch
- Synthesize and provide market feedback and recommendations to Firefly HQ
- 5-7 years of operations and/or strategy experience
- Experience scaling an organization and managing people
- Naturally connect with drivers from various backgrounds
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience building from scratch, scaling an organization and managing people
- Experience managing and working with team-members possessing a wide variety of skills and roles
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
- Experience working cross-functionally across large organizations
- Role is based in San Francisco, managing SF and LA, but additional travel possible to support launches in other markets within the West Region.
Firefly Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants shall receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Firefly does not accept agency and unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our Firefly employees or any other company location. Firefly is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.