Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young people to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the role
The director of stores will drive performance and growth of the retail business across owned stores, working with teams to drive customer experience, operational consistency and excellence and to maximize growth and profitability. This role will also be a central figure in our growth plans, across the US and International.
So, What are we looking for?!
We are looking for an awesome professional whose primary responsibility is to partner with cross functional members of the Dolls Kill teams to develop strategic initiatives and implement operational processes to guarantee an outstanding retail customer experience, while also achieving goals and supporting sustained store growth.
The Director will develop vision, strategy, store procedures and the Dolls Kill retail POV to guarantee a consistent and positive Customer Experience. Ultimately increasing sales and customers' understanding and engagement with Dolls Kill. The Director will also provide their team with the leadership to enable them to develop their professional competencies.
- Ensure a superior, memorable, and consistent brand experience is created for customers in all the stores. Lead the store teams to deliver frictionless and engaging experiences
- Ensure brand presentation is executed in all stores, including, marketing, visual displays, visual merchandising and events.
- Communicate business initiatives and messages to the retail crew that creates connection to the organization and motivates employees.
- Recruit, lead and develop retail crew to create high performing teams. Motivate and guide through coaching, mentoring and leading by example. Set clear expectations and hold teams accountable for performance results.
- Manage budget, resources, staffing, and operations in accordance with business priorities.
- Manage operational effectiveness according to goals, budgets, and plans. Provide insight into ways to improve business processes, identify opportunities for streamlining operations and reducing costs. Flag inventory opportunities, as applicable.
- Conduct ongoing review of key performance indicators and results; identify patterns or trends; respond to sales, business, and social media trends. Work with merchandising, planning, human resources, and education partners to recommend adjustments as needed.
- Responsible for execution of new store openings.
- Ensure flawless execution of events in store, including influencer, promotional and brand events.
- Research and deployment of more efficient in-store systems relating to CRM, ERP, POS, loss prevention, etc.
- Implement corporate policy and the brand's retail guidelines in all store locations
- Evaluate all facets of success in prospecting new store locations including contracts, market demographics, and economic factor
- Partner and work cross-functionally with departments on in-store design and layout, construction, upgrades, and new store openings.
- Organize and work with Marketing to execute in-store promotions and events.
- Select in-store product assortments based on market demographics.
- Oversee the recruiting for all in-store level from front to back-of-house to district and regional positions.
- Establish and enforce company policies on safety and health protocol, customer service practice, and other in-store related points.
- Visit all store locations meeting with team members and management.
- Be aware of the market and industry trends along with competitors'.
- Achieve and excel the performance objectives of in-store operations, logistics, customer service and support, human resources, and accounting.
- Proven ability to drive business results through problem-solving and determination.
- Excellent time management, people management, and project management skills
- Minimum 7 years significant experience in Sales, Merchandising/Operations inclusive of progressively responsible senior-level experience in large format retail
- History of building sales and comp sales leadership and influence of store leaders and teams.
- Proven ability to develop and manage P&L and Budgets.
- Experience in delivering best in class operations in a high volume environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build positive/effective business partnerships.
- Dynamic, passionate personality with confidence to perform with high standards.
- Can turn data into insights and insights into strategies.
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization values.
- Flexible Schedule, must be open to working events and weekends
- Willing to travel within the United States and internationally.