Anaplan is looking a seasoned Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting to join our Corporate Accounting team. This critical role will serve as a strategic advisor on complex technical accounting matters with responsibility for SEC reporting. A successful candidate needs to have deep expertise in SEC reporting requirements and equity accounting.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee the preparation of all SEC filings and disclosures, including reports on Form 10K, Form 10Q, Form 8K, and the Annual Proxy and review the XBRL tagging process for quarterly and annual SEC filings
- Oversee the highly complex technical accounting function, identifying, analyzing and applying technical guidance, drafting policies and multiple memos
- Responsible for stock-compensation expense and related calculations, reconciliation and analysis of all equity accounts and stock-based compensation, consistent with ASC 718, forecasts and journal entries
- Partner with FP&A, Investor Relations, Legal, Tax and accounting in preparation and review of earnings release materials and filings
- Participate in the Company's Disclosure Committee meetings and present technical accounting issues and related disclosures
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards, and ensure GAAP and reporting requirements are met
- Work with external auditors during the annual audit and quarterly review process to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and disclosure items
- Ensure compliance with all SEC and GAAP and disclosure requirements
- Oversee compliance and review of the XBRL process
- Maintain effective and SOX compliant internal controls in relation to the processes managed
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting standards and SOX 404
- 12+ years of relevant experience, with a combination of Big 4 and public company experience preferred
- BS/BA degree is Finance or Accounting and CPA is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write and reviews complex accounting memos and financial statement disclosures
What We Offer
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties and events
- A range of health and wellbeing initiatives
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 1100+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree—Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.