Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
The Sales Engineering Director for the US West will report to the VP of Field Engineering and will lead a team of Sales Engineers (SE) to support technical sales and account management within the region. You have the primary responsibility to lead technical pre-sales operations and achieve assigned quota goals. You will also play a key role in driving strategic, enterprise-wide sales related initiatives within Kenna. The preferred candidate is a business savvy individual with a strong background in security software sales coupled with a successful track record in leading and growing teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, develop, and motivate a team of Sales Engineers to drive sales and adoption of the Kenna platform within your region.
- Develop technical account plans to achieve goals and exceed quotas.
- Promote the development of skills within the sales engineering team with a focus on consultative selling, strong discovery techniques, highly effective value-driven demonstration skills, and overall technical account management capabilities.
- Develop, mentor, and support sales engineers through strong technical & organizational leadership
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with Kenna partners (resellers, MSSPs, & Distributors) and drive initiatives to improve sales productivity through partner utilization.
- Understand and articulate the key technical, operational, and commercial challenges faced by our prospects and customers that can be addressed by Kenna’s solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business.
- Strong personnel management - including demonstrated development plans and execution, reduced attrition results and initiatives, a clear history of promotions and success, etc.
- Operate effectively in a matrix manner with extended teams including Customer Success, Marketing, Product Management and other relevant organizations.
- Leads from the front, adheres to a high-degree of professionalism and demonstrates sounds judgement.
- 8 years of experience in technical sales (SE, TAM, etc.)
- 3+ years of management experience leading teams in high growth environments
- 3+ years of experience in security software sales (Infrastructure and Appsec vulnerability skills highly preferred)
- Possesses a combination of management, technical and business skills
- Decisive leader with a real passion for the business and a real sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of handling a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Experience in working directly with customers at the C level of an organization, as well as working with industry partners and alliances
- Possess the intellect and the executive presence to become a true business partner across functions
- Deeply focused and capable of building an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term development issues
- Excellent social skills, equally able to talk with investors, employees, executive management team, customers and the board with an ability to translate complex issues into easily understood terms
- Approximately 50% travel within the U.S.
- Experience with scanning technologies (Infrastructure, Application, SAST, DAST)
- Solid foundational knowledge of vulnerability management programs
- Experience selling Cloud-based SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of general IT concepts (Operating Systems, Network Design, Information Security, IT Operations)
- Knowledge of compliance standards (e.g., PCI, FISMA, SOX, NERC)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.