NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG’s brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG’s goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG’s priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG’s Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being “All Heart.” NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love – love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
The Regional Director of Retail Performance and Store Operations is assigned to a region. This role is responsible for managing resources and upholding operational performance to effectively support and maximize overall sales and profitability in their region. They are also responsible for enhancing the customer experience to support regional sales while maximizing bottom-line profitability.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensures execution of and provides input into the creation of store Retail Performance and Store Operations strategy in partnership with VP
- Leads expense management to drive profitability for their region
- Oversees payroll and non-payroll expenses
- Manages and oversees capital funding projects for the stores in their region
- Oversees labor, scheduling, staffing of each store in the assigned region
- Flexes resources, processes, and behaviors to maximize profitability for the region
- Partners with store and corporate leaders to appropriately prioritize and flex workload to maximize store performance
- Communicates direction, process, and strategy to Senior Managers in the stores and measures overall performance of KPIs
- Provides feedback and insight into the performance of Senior Manager and Sales Support Managers
- Solicits and shares feedback to identify best practices and communicates up and down the organizational structure to improve performance and profitability
- Leads cross-functionally to drive Retail Performance and Store Operational efficiency
- Partners cross-functionally with IT in the event of technology issues
- Partners cross-functionally with Supply Chain
- Directs and manages up to 15 stores within the region
- Upholds Retail Performance and Store Operational consistency within the region
- Serves as liaison between Corporate and stores for Retail Performance and Store Operations
- Collaborates with and informs the RELs concerning overall regional performance to ensure alignment of expectations
- 7 years of experience, luxury retail fashion experience preferred
- 4-year degree preferred
- Demonstrated change leadership within team and organization
- Proven track record achieving results across multiple businesses
- History of leading, motivating, and coaching teams to achieve objectives
- Advanced business acumen and analytical skills
- Previous experience navigating complex business problems, collaborating with leads across corporate functions, presenting at the executive level, working with corporate business partners, and leading cross-functional large-scale initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- “Win together“ mentality
- In-depth knowledge of profit and loss management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Product Suite
- Certain roles may require standing, bending, climbing stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
- Associates must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Travel may be required, up to 60%