To date, Everlane has built a strong brand, driven primarily by its online presence. We approach retail with the same sense of purpose and attention to detail that our apparel team applies to every product we develop. This year, we are accelerating our growth and bringing more physical stores to our customers – adding to the two successful locations we have in New York and San Francisco.
We are looking for a world-class Director of Real Estate to help build, guide and execute our IRL strategy. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment with a proven track record of building and managing a strong real estate pipeline in the retail space. This role is based in San Francisco and will report to the Vice President of Store Development.
Join our mission and be a part of a team that's reimagining retail and innovating on ways we can bring an already established brand to the physical world.
- Site Selection and Transaction
- Lead the creation, presentation and execution Everlane’s real estate strategy
- Work directly with landlords and brokers to meet space needs and brand requirements
- Negotiate letters of intent, terms and conditions of leases, term sheets and lease agreements
- Prepare and present Site Evaluation and Site Approval packages to the Real Estate committee for new store opportunities inclusive of proformas, demographics, analytics, LOI’s, LOD’s, design criteria, area and market maps, sales forecasts, etc. to determine store financial feasibility, perform site research, demographics, and mapping
- Interface with attorneys to review, negotiate, and finalize leases and coordinate various elements
- Partner with the development team members to ensure a seamless hand-off from leasing to design and construction
- Ensure time-based information is secured for transaction including permitting obstacles, zoning compliance, specialty approvals, permitting timelines, tenant and sign criteria, impact fees, Real Estate taxes, etc.
- Systems and Process
- Build and oversee the Real Estate pipeline processes, develop and maintain key real estate and retailing industry relationships including developers, brokers, and retailers
- Administrate regularly scheduled acquisitions and Real Estate committee meetings
- Regularly update and maintain a deal tracking database and pipeline tracking tool
- Partner with Real Estate finance to build and maintain the lease database with key lease data and communicate lease dates to appropriate cross-functional teams
- Partner with Real Estate finance and third-party analytics partners to create tools, systems and process for market evaluation, pipeline development, and business strategies
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure retail environments are opened on time, aligned with the store design vision and within the approved proforma
- Build strong partnerships with the CEO, CFO, and Retail Operations and Field teams
- Build strong real estate talent and capability aligned to achieve strategic objectives
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Urban Planning or other associated field; Masters in Real Estate a plus
- 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate
- Experience with transaction management and real estate finance
- Strong capabilities in lease negotiation and alternative deal structures with an ability to interpret both quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Experiencing leading teams, working cross-functionally, and dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels under pressure; ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel from 40% up to 50%
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.