At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate product managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
As Director of Product for Ridesharing Planning & Ops you will lead a cross-functional team building the platforms that run Lyft’s multi-billion dollar business with efficiency, transparency and scale. Success in this role is foundational to Lyft’s continued growth and success in a highly competitive, complex and fast changing market.
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position and set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission, driving maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation through development, launch, growth and maintenance
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Deeply understand Lyft’s business, strategy, the competitive market in which we operate and metrics, processes, and levers we use to manage our business
- Contribute to and facilitate the creation and maintenance of Lyft’s overall business strategy - while won’t be the “sole owner of strategy”, you and the platforms you manage will help inform and shape the goals we set and the actions we take to get there
- Identify, evangelize and capture opportunities to better run and scale our business via metrics monitoring, process improvement/automation and optimized decision making
- Build tool sets/best practices that drive Lyft’s approach to forecasting, competitive insight and scenario planning
- Work cross functionally with analytics, subject matter experts and data scientists to understand business requirements and build better collaborative processes
- Interface with executive leadership as an expert in Lyft’s business and a trusted advisor in decision making
- Identify, scope and prioritize opportunities from Lyft’s broad operational scope to improve core product and business performance
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience
- An academic background in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline strongly preferred
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you: manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way and ability to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.