Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young women to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands.
Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the Role
We're looking for a product management leader who can build inspiring, intuitive, addicting, “spend half my life on your site” shopping experiences. As the primary product owner at the company, you'll be responsible for taking our web, mobile, and IRL (“in real life“ - our retail stores) customer experiences to the next level. You’ll staff and develop a team of product managers, define and implement agile product management SOPs, and coordinate efforts across creative, technical, and business teams to launch a steady stream of impactful products. Throughout the process you'll make appropriate trade-offs to optimize customer experience, time-to-market, and impact.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with customers; loves building inspiring, intuitive, addictive customer experiences; is passionate about measuring results/ using data to optimize customer experiences; and enjoys being able to point to something customers love and say “I built this”. The right candidate also has a proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and developing talented product managers; owning/ driving product roadmaps; and working effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver measurable results.
This high-impact, high-visibility role is a unique opportunity to own product strategy and build a team to drive product design and execution for a hyper growth retail startup with an authentic brand that customers love. Passion and drive (for ecommerce/ retail and customer experiences as well as effective product management processes) are requirements for success so we're considering both seasoned product leaders as well as talented, hungry, and driven product managers ready for the next step in their career. This role is based in our San Francisco headquarters and reports directly to the COO.
- Own product (website and other shopping experiences) strategy and feature roadmaps for the company
- Recruit, hire, and develop a team of rock star product managers who own product design and execution
- Define, standardize, and institutionalize product management SOPs that ensure a steady flow of high value launches
- Drive measurable sales growth through ownership of web, mobile, IRL (“in real life“ - our retail stores) customer experiences
- Build strong relationships and partner effectively with engineering and business teams across the organization
- Bring visibility to the impact of the product team to senior management and the broader team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in product management (preferably some of that in eCommerce)
- Demonstrated ability to “own“ a product or product set and “drive“ a product roadmap i.e. identify, prioritize, execute, measure new features/ feature improvements
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; ability to break down complex problems, define critical paths, and understand assumptions/ limitations of data
- Effective user of data; understanding of how data can guide decisions, when there's “enough“ data to make a decision (avoids analysis paralysis), and consistent use of data to prioritize, measure, and optimize features
- Relentless customer obsession; ability/ need to understand and address customer issues; insatiable drive to improve customer experience; fearless advocacy on behalf of the customer
- Strong initiative, ownership, and drive; ability to proactively identify opportunities and issues, create clear strategic and tactical direction for the team, and request/ procure necessary resources to achieve department objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating with all levels of management, ability to generate excitement/ support for new product ideas, can translate technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders
- 2+ years managing/ leading product management teams; proven ability to recruit, hire, motivate, and develop talented product managers and other direct reports