Firefly is a category-defining and fast-growing Silicon Valley startup creating the next disruptive platform in Out-Of-Home Advertising. Firefly’s investors include some of the biggest names in the VC industry, such as Google Ventures, NFX Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Firefly operates a network of Internet-Connected Digital Screens on the tops of rideshare platform (Lyft and Uber) drivers’ vehicles and taxis, thereby serving location and time dependent advertising and content for brands such as Turkish Airlines, Hotel Tonight, Venmo, Postmates, and Bonobos.
Firefly is seeking a Director of Policy to help lead the company’s growth into new cities across the United States and ensure that the policy framework in cities where Firefly operates continues to support deployment of our smart screens.
This position will report to the General Counsel and will be an instrumental member of the team in charting strategic growth opportunities, leading the company into new cities and partnerships, as well as interfacing directly with state and local government leaders. This is a heavily outward-facing and strategic role that will help the company succeed in a dynamic regulatory environment, with both proactive and reactive measures, and effectively communicate the benefits of our platform to public sector decision-makers.
Firefly’s Policy team supports the company’s objectives by communicating with, engaging, and educating policy-makers and key stakeholders. The Director of Policy will help develop and communicate the company’s position on current and proposed state and local policies, communicate the benefits of the company’s platform to policymakers, and help build and manage relationships with policymakers, including local and state elected officials and their staff, and key stakeholders and allies in cities where Firefly operates and plans to operate.
Qualified candidates should have expertise in the transportation and mobility fields with an interest in smart cities issues.
- Helping set and carry out the policy and advocacy agenda for the company
- Evaluating, prioritizing and refining the strategic path for new market entry
- Analyzing and engaging on legislative, regulatory, and other policy proposals
- Preparing written materials to assist with advocacy efforts
- Developing the company’s relationships with policy-makers and stakeholders, including non-profit organizations, business trade associations, and other allies
- Advocating on behalf of Firefly to policy-makers and stakeholders
- Managing lobbyists and consultants
- Working closely with other members of the Policy, Partnerships and Operations teams to help achieve the company’s policy objectives
- BA in relevant field (MPP, JD or other advanced degree preferred) and evidence of exceptional ability
- 8+ years of experience in government affairs, campaigns, and working at a high level within government venues particularly city government
- Knowledge of relevant transportation and mobility issues
- Proven track record of advancing policy initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles
- Independent, self-starter and a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Experience managing direct reports and contractors/vendors
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time depending on business needs
This position can be based in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California.
Firefly Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants shall receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Firefly does not accept agency and unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our Firefly employees or any other company location. Firefly is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.