Founded in 2008, Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb's accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
- Design and drive Airbnb's global compensation philosophy, program design and operations
- Partner with and influence key stakeholders including executives and board members to ensure compensation philosophy and programs align to Airbnb's business strategy and values
- Research market practices and trends and conduct deep analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of programs
- Design and manage incentive programs (including sales incentives) to complement Airbnb's base pay and equity programs
- Develop and deliver executive presentations, detailing the design, impact and measurements of success for compensation related programs
- Grow and develop a team responsible for collecting and analyzing market data, maintaining salary survey data, leading annual compensation review, partnering with the business, and executing program operations.
- Interpret, counsel, communicate and collaborate with HR Business Partners, managers, Recruiting, and staff on compensation philosophy, program design, policies and guideline interpretations.
- Diagnose feedback, identify needs, and engage the business through change and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review and refine compensation processes to ensure effective governance
- Partner with the recruiting team to deliver new hire offer packages in alignment to the market and internal peers
- Lead cross-functional teams on key operations, compliance and audits, mergers and acquisitions, and other key compensation projects/programs
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years diverse compensation experience in corporate roles or leadership positions within leading consulting firms.
- Ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with stakeholders across functions and locations globally.
- Experience leading a company through transformative compensation philosophies and programs
- Effective communication skills—both interpersonal and written. Demonstrated ability to articulate and recommend change to a high level audience.
- Demonstrates high level of business, analytical, and financial acumen.
- Ability to influence partners at all levels
- Deep experience in change management and communication plan development