Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform with global reach. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. We accomplish this by offering anyone with a smartphone access to tens of millions of affordable goods by leveraging a competitive, global supply chain of direct suppliers and avoiding retail costs. In addition, by making Wish available on smartphones, we are putting this digital shopping mall directly into the pockets of tens of millions of consumers. Through the Wish platform, we are creating a relevant, entertaining, and personalized shopping experience for each individual consumer.
The Director, External Reporting & SOX will be responsible for the managing the company’s external reporting process. The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has strong technical accounting and analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Director, External Reporting & SOX position will be located at our headquarters office in San Francisco, CA and report to the Controller.
- Manage the Company's external reporting process, including the preparation of supporting schedules and related analysis, to ensure the accurate compilation and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP as well as developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures and policies to support the possibility of a public filing, which would include Form S-1 and the related subsequent SEC reporting requirements including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and proxy filings.
- Independently research and analyze accounting issues and disclosure requirements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Monitor proposed and enacted accounting pronouncements that affect the Company and make recommendations on implementing changes/compliance.
Other Accounting Responsibilities:
- Complete projects for management requiring financial analysis and technical accounting research.
- Assist with gathering the information and documentation necessary for quarterly reviews, annual audits, income tax filings and other regulatory filings.
- Develop documentation of internal controls over financial reporting and perform the related internal evaluation of the controls.
- Assist with the implementation of accounting and other systems for better financial and operational reporting and an improved control environment.
- Accounting/finance degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum 12 years of accounting related experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience with a CPA or Chartered Accountant certification.
- Strong, current understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience preparing for a US IPO that included filing a registration statement with the SEC a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks and NetSuite a plus.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally and meet tight filing deadlines.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We bring together world-class technical talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to relevant people.
Learn more about us:
Intro to Wish
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.