Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 25 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
Elevate Labs is looking for a Director of Design to join our SF-based team. You'll report to the CEO and be responsible for managing, leading, and growing our world-class design team. You'll also be able to directly contribute design work when needed.
About the position
- You'll build, manage, and lead our talented design team, consisting of Product Designers, Motion Designers, and Illustrators, in executing design work with a high level of polish.
- You'll contribute high-quality product design work when needed.
- You'll provide inspiration and actionable feedback that improves the quality of design work.
- You'll collaborate with other teams while effectively speaking to design processes, goals, and vision.
- You'll help develop and influence product strategy.
- You'll break down and provide solutions for various product challenges across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web, and email).
- You have 7+ years experience in Product Design (or equivalent).
- You have a proven track record of growing team efficiency through improvements to workflows and task management, both within and across teams.
- You have experience with working in ambiguity, fast iterative sprints, business awareness, technology, research and data insights, and high design quality.
Benefits & perks
- Delicious and healthy chef-cooked meals
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.