RepresentUs is the nation's leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America's corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We're not a startup, but we've got startup DNA: we're nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards“ and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That's why we're an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We're headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You're an experienced digital campaign strategist and team director with proven chops at leading multi-channel issue or political campaign messaging. You've worked in an advocacy organization before, and you know how to take creative digital campaigns from concept through execution. You're an excellent writer who knows what gets people riled up, and you're an expert at talking to different audiences in different formats. You have a knack for knowing what's going to resonate on social media, and you love telling big narratives over time.
You're a skilled project and people manager, but you also have an analytical side: you know the tools of the trade and how to analyze data.
You're adept at anticipating needs, comfortable taking initiative and direction, and are an effective problem solver and communicator.
And, you're ready to do it all on a full-time basis from our headquarters in Northampton, MA or our office in San Francisco, CA.
About The Role
Reporting to the Movement Director, the Digital Director (DD) manages, maintains, and grows RepresentUs' online presence to strengthen our brand, recruit members, and convert members into volunteers.
The DD oversees the production, coordination, curation, and distribution of communications across all digital platforms. The DD manages a team of digital strategists and creators to develop and implement an online communications plan to increase social media contacts and website traffic, grow the member email list, and improve conversions from online to offline actions.
The DD works with the RepresentUs organizing team to ensure that our recruitment funnel is efficient, effective, and appropriately designed to meet the needs of the organizing team, and keeps our volunteer pipeline at full capacity. The DD also works with the development team to promote engagement from small dollar donors, with a focus on improving donor recruitment and retention.
The DD ensures that all online programs are effective in promoting RU's mission, vision, values and priorities.
- Manage all members of RepresentUs' growing digital team
- Lead RepresentUs in being first-in-class on all digital channels, representing the growing anti-corruption movement
- Provide clear, ambitious goals for RepresentUs' digital team. Hold the digital team accountable to achieving those goals.
- Provide strategic direction, management, and tools to RepresentUs digital staff and consultants of affiliated campaigns to ensure the development of sound and measurable communications goals, tactics, and programs
- Provide creativity, innovation, and leadership for all online communications. Oversee all editorial content and coordinate with organizing actions to achieve maximum engagement and impact.
- Manage, maintain, and grow RepresentUs' email list and social networks, surpassing industry standards while achieving the highest standards in brand integrity
- Set strategies for managing RepresentUs web properties to increase traffic, engagement, and conversion for a variety of audiences
- Manage, maintain, and improve the pipeline converting RepresentUs members into volunteers and/or donors
- Plan and execute online media campaigns and advertising buys. Ensure consistency of messaging and brand identity. Track return on investment of online media buys.
- Advanced digital strategy skills: you know how to run a digital campaign with your eyes closed, and enjoy coming up with innovative new ideas for building and engaging audiences
- Expert people and project management skills
- At least 2 years experience managing an email list of over 100,000 people
- Excellent writing and editing skills: you know when anything is misspelled, and you always win a fight about grammar
- Fantastic eye for design and video best practices: you know what will convert best, what will pull on people's heartstrings within 5 seconds, and what will make them abandon a video
- Deep knowledge of A/B testing for email and landing pages
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms
- Advanced knowledge of web platforms like Wordpress and website design fundamentals: you can talk with developers and designers to make beautiful, brand-new pages
- Expert data and tracking skills: you know what tracking needs to be in place to tell whether a campaign succeeded and you can pull and read the report to prove it
- Phenomenal prioritization and problem solving skills: you know what to say no to and how to fix a project that's broken
Compensation and Benefits
We're committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we'll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for the Digital Director position is $75K-95K depending on location and experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.