Digital Content Producer
Code2040 is a community of Black and Latinx technologists and their allies who are diversifying tech to create a more equitable, inclusive, and prosperous economy. Through high-impact direct service programs, robust in-person and online community engagement, and dynamic storytelling and knowledge sharing, Code2040 empowers and mobilizes diversity champions across the industry. Our goal is to ensure that by 2040---the beginning of the decade when the US will be majority people of color---Black and Latinx people are fully represented in and leading the innovation economy, and have the economic and social capital needed to thrive and build generational wealth.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic producer with strong project management skills to help the Marketing and Communications team launch a series of new projects and publications. Whether creating highly shareable short videos that drive social engagement or crafting a well-designed article to tell a compelling story, the Digital Content Producer will have their hands in all aspects of storytelling and production at Code2040. This position requires strong attention to detail, top-notch writing and design skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
This is a 6-month, full-time role, supervised by the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Storyboarding, capturing, and editing video for social engagement, promotion, and stories.
- Developing toolkits and other unique editorial products for various audiences.
- Writing and designing articles and email for regular engagement in various publications.
- Brainstorming and experimenting with different kinds of media.
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Communications team on repurposing and managing content.
What You Bring
- You have experience working with Black and Latinx communities. Bonus if in tech.
- You are an excellent writer with experience writing on different platforms for different audiences.
- You have strong video and audio editing chops (and a portfolio to prove it).
- You possess a solid understanding of social platforms: what works, what doesn’t, and why.
- You know your way around key design and production tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut, and others.
You Will Thrive In This Role If You
- You are passionate about racial and economic justice. We’re pursuing a bold goal of closing the racial wealth gap by diversifying the tech industry. Our focus is the success of Black and Latinx people and commitment to these communities is a must. You can speak concretely and passionately about why you want to do this work.
- You have at least one year of dynamic production experience---from videos to articles to reports---and you have a portfolio to prove it. Ideally, you can present a suite of content you produced for one organization.
- You sweat the small stuff. You notice the typos and off-brand colors, you review the style guide and follow it, you’re excited about moving multiple projects from start-to-finish, never missing a deadline.
What You Get
- You will develop an expertise and thought leadership in diversity and inclusion work.
- You will learn to navigate the intricacies and nuances of a fast-growth start-up.
The Tangibles and Intangibles
- You will build a portfolio of robust and dynamic content in the tech and diversity space.
- You will be a key member of a growing team of passionate people who are results-oriented, respect and value diverse ideas and truths, and who balance hard work with humor and connection.
- You will gain access to a robust, exciting network of people across the innovation economy.
How to Apply
Your application should consist of your resume, portfolio, and cover letter. A few tips for writing your cover letter: Don’t just repeat your resume; we’ll read that too. Your cover letter is your chance to shine and connect your past experience with what we’re looking for. Tell us:
- The unique mix of skills and experience you will bring to the role and our team.
- How you will thrive in the role; what have you done in past that demonstrates you can be successful?
- What about Code2040’s mission excites you? Why do you want to work with a passionate team committed to disrupting the innovation economy?
We encourage all applicants to review our values and pillars on race to learn about who we are and what drives us.