Desktop Support Specialist
Role: Desktop Support Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
Perform desktop hardware support for all divisions located in San Francisco, CA.
· Work with the On-Site Team, and closely with the business users to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware problems.
· This includes inventory management, hardware recycling, desktops, monitors, BlackBerry, remote computing, videoconferencing, and telecom as well as new hardware deployments, floor restacks and machine re-cloning; consisting of Windows 7, 10, Linux, MAC and Citrix.
· 2-3 years working experience supporting the financial industry
· Thorough knowledge of desktop hardware, telecom and BlackBerry
· Effective communication skills - The position will require the candidate to be in direct contact with end users from many areas on a daily basis and the corresponding support teams. Must be responsive and be able to efficiently document all working tasks and outstanding issues
· Knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Windows, Linux and Citrix. The qualified candidate should have thorough knowledge and troubleshooting skills with the GS desktop build and the software distribution process