As Design Lead, you will collaborate with the Shoes and Accessories team to create compelling product and stories for our Women’s Dress Footwear. From trend research, design concepts, to final details, you will be responsible for all steps of the product creation process and presentation to team. To that end, you will work closely with Product Development and Materials Sourcing counterparts as well with our team in Italy to execute new designs. You’ll also work closely with your Merchandising partner to review product designs and ensure that they meet customer needs.
You will report to the Design Director of Women’s Shoes and Accessories, and be based in our San Francisco office. We are looking for an entrepreneur and inspiring leader who has impeccable taste, deep technical knowledge and loves a challenge.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 7 years experience designing women’s leather dress shoes
- MA or BA in design
- Experience with fit, color and materials
- Deep technical knowledge of footwear constructions, componentry
- Ability to travel abroad 4 times per year
- Extensive experience in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Partner with Merchandising to determine what new footwear products to bring to life
- Source inspiration and references for designs
- Provide direction for materializations / material sourcing
- Own sketching and submitting tech-packs
- Manage corrections and comments
- Propose color range per product
- Present cross-functionally in Big Ideas and Proto Review milestone meetings
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.