Data driven decision-making is an integral part of life at Wish. It drives our success with customers and merchants. We’re looking for talented Data Scientists to continue to drive decisions company-wide through the use of statistical modeling and machine learning.
You should have an extensive background in a quantitative field, a strong research background, and experience working with large data sets. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product.
For Internal Use Only:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Explore terabyte-level data sets to perform analysis and design A/B tests that influence how Wish spends millions of dollars every day to acquire and retain users via relevant Ads
- Manage all of Wish’s existing Performance Marketing data, KPIs and metrics - CPC, CPM, CTR, CPI, ROAS, LTV and retention at high levels of granularity and sliced across multiple dimensions
- Write code to build data models, automated reporting, visualizations and pipelines
- Work closely with engineering to implement tests and ship new features based on analysis you have performed
- Write Hive and Presto jobs to aggregate and move massive amounts of data as needed for analysis in SQL Present data, experiment results and analysis to key-stakeholders and executives
What We’re Looking For:
- BS or advanced degrees in CS/Math or related fields
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to code in Python/R
- Experience with ETL
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Strong communication and visualization skills
- Can easily create powerful visualizations that transform complex data into easily-consumable, actionable insights
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Intro to Wish - https://goo.gl/QbVVRb
Our CEO discusses Wish - https://goo.gl/RxV2F3
Crunchbase - https://goo.gl/x7YAAC
Recruiting Video - https://goo.gl/RYp4HH
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.