Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
If you’re a data scientist with an ambition to apply your trade to marketing, this is the role for you. Imagine what you could do at Splunk, the Data to Everything company. This summer, you can gain exposure to real-world projects and established professionals who want to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone who is ready to partner with our Marketing Operations Analytics team to take ownership of ad-hoc analyses and build a model for marketing strategy and insights. This is your chance to make a mega impact. This internship will be a function responsible for cadence, data management and partnering with cross-functional teams to help drive meaningful insights.
- Master and own the analytical understanding of customer behavior and marketing business performance
- Build models to better understand customer’s marketing journey
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the efficiency of marketing operations
- Find the ‘story’ in the data and communicate insights and opportunities with partners
- Think strategically about additional metrics and support reporting and business intelligence needs
- Ability to communicate clearly to explain your work to partners, team members, and other Splunkers
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationship with a broad and diverse group of partners
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in data science tools such as Python, R, etc
- Solid understanding and experience with advanced statistics and modern machine learning, predictive techniques such as supervised learning, unsupervised learning, regression, etc
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor's program or an advanced degree program in a quantitative field, such as statistics, data science, computer science, mathematics, engineering, economics, etc. with a graduation date of December 2021 or later.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.