We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Data Scientists in the Analytics department at Calm are focused on leveraging our growing dataset to help prioritize product and content development, identify optimization opportunities, and automate data flows and analyses for key decision makers. In this role, your initially analytics efforts will be primarily be focused on assessing content performance and using data to improve how quickly and effectively we internationalize our product. You’ll present your findings in presentations and through data visualizations. In this role, you will also work to increase the reliability and trustworthiness of our data by identifying data quality issues and the sources and magnitudes of such problems. You will set up monitoring and write tests to prevent recurrence of problems, potentially with anomaly detection approaches, and when possible, fix the issues.
- Engage in data deep dives to assess and find ways to optimize content
- Use data to impact product prioritization across international markets
- Help us understand useful ways to segment users in the context of internationalization and product development
- Work to incorporate new data sources into our data warehouse and figure out how they can aid in decision making
- Identify problems with data quality and fix problems when possible
- Write tests and set up monitoring to reduce data problems
- Automate new data pipelines and analyses
- Present results of deeper data dives to the team
- Build meaningful and impactful dashboards
- At least three years of industry experience in data analytics
- Excellent at uncovering problems, figuring out why they are happening, and seeing them through to resolution
- Able to systematically break a complex problem down into simpler parts and hypotheses
- Able to differentiate signal from noise
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Excellent at visualizing data
- Excellent product instincts
- Knowledge of descriptive, and ideally inferential, statistics
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Balance the need to move quickly with diligence and attention to detail
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!