Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The goal of Grand Rounds is to get patients to the best possible healthcare outcomes. We believe that higher quality care leads to better outcomes which in turn leads to lower overall healthcare cost. To demystify and remove the complexity from healthcare, we need to identify the patients who need us and why. We need to understand what is the better path they could be on. We need to understand how we can engage with them and what services we should be providing them.
To do this, we need a data set that is the envy of everyone working in healthcare. We need a data set that is rich in patient information, provider information, is longitudinal, and can be manipulated in many different ways. But there is more, we need to build an understanding of how the data maps to each other and how the concepts are related. We need to help our teams understand, leverage and further enrich the gold data.
We are looking for a person who can find the gold standard in medical lexicon. This person is part clinical data expert, part sociologist, part ontologist. You will be the person responsible for producing a premier healthcare data set in the world along with its ontology. You will ensure that we’re pulling the right information out of our data sets, that we are doing it cleanly, repeatedly and accurately, and that consumers of the data understand how to use it.
- Build out Grand Rounds’ clinical data model. Evangelize the use of both clinical and non-clinical data across the organization to create more powerful insights and drive scale.
- Be the owner for our library of data assets. When a person wants to know where to find data or how a metric is calculated, they turn to you.
- Define and own the data quality lifecycle for all data assets. Create business rules for monitoring data quality at different stages in the pipeline, alerting stakeholders of incidents, and create a feedback loop to fix the data at the source.
- Define and own data sources, partner relationships and meta-data needs to support various lines of businesses.
- Work closely with other product managers, data scientists, software engineers, and others to help improve their products and output through data.
- Work with engineering and data science to define our data models and how we store data. Ensure that the data models we use facilitate future enrichment and interoperability with other systems. Ensure that data is stored in the most secure way and is compliant with various standards including HIPAA and HITRUST.
- Demonstrated experience leading a project(s) that provide interoperability of data across distributed systems, preferably using industry standards.A passion for improving the way people receive health care by improving access and information availability.
- Detail oriented and an expertise for prioritizing what is important while not sacrificing quality or long term objectives.
- Good knowledge of data modeling, skill with SQL and maybe experience with other programming languages.
- Ability to work with multiple business owners and balance the requirements/desires of different functional groups. 5+ years of relevant clinical/ biomedical informatics, product management, data engineering or data architecture experience.
Preferred Candidates have:
- Familiarity with different types of datastore models like column-oriented or NoSQL.A good understanding of normalized and denormalized data schemas and practices.
- Knowledge of data warehousing solutions and database architecture.
- Have a working knowledge of healthcare industry formats (834/835/837HL7/FHIR) used when exchanging data and healthcare code sets (ICD10, HCPCS/CPT, DRG).
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.