At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for student loan refinancing, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our client's needs. From refinancing your student loan debt to buying your first home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Eagle Lending group is looking for a Credit Specialist; a self-starter who is eager to build his/her career as an underwriter and gain expertise in credit analysis. Based in San Francisco, this role will support the underwriting needs for Eagle Lending's Student Loan Refinancing product and will focus on processing, evaluating, and completing financial analysis on individual loan requests. The ideal candidate will also help with monitoring and maintaining the overall credit quality of existing Eagle loan facilities.
We're a highly collaborative team that's focused on leveraging technology to bring in the next generation of clients to the bank. If you have a passion for credit analysis and underwriting, we would love to hear from you.
What you'll do as a Credit Specialist:
- Process loan applications and ensure turnaround time requirements are met.
- Ensure that all documentation required for the file is obtained and that the file is complete.
- Process and communicate adverse action decisions with the sales team and prepare notices and mailings as required.
- Assist in monitoring the existing portfolio to ensure quality credit and avert any potential signs of default.
- Assist with the loan portfolio by running credit applications and assembling loan files.
- Assist in identifying any improvements or changes we can make to the loan process to establish a best practice and make the processes we have in place more efficient.
- Additional responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 1-2 years experience in banking or financial services required.
- Experience with financial/credit analysis including reviewing financial statements desired.
- BA/BS required with concentration in business or finance preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently.
- Excellent organizational/analytical skills with a problem-solving mindset.
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach to getting the job done.
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to assist in training and development of new team members and/or contractors.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and collaborative start-up environment.
- Advanced familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Access.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.