Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
At Modsy, our goal is to be the industry leader in creating beautiful, curated, editorial images of interiors. We’re looking for a Director of Style Imagery who can lead the strategy and execution of top-notch lifestyle imagery for brand, merchandising, and training purposes. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role. You will collaborate with the Content team, Merchandising team, and Style Ops team to lead Modsy branded imagery across the company.
This role will include:
- Setting the standards for Modsy’s brand imagery and ensure all images elevate and convey the brand
- Bringing creative briefs to life via upleved, beautiful lifestyle imagery
- Setting the standards for product imagery and a strategy to create branded product imagery for all products in the assortment
- Developing strategies around when and where we use our proprietary software to design interiors, set lighting and cameras, and generate 3D images versus using real life photography
- Art direction of photoshoots, videography, and eventsCollaborating with the Product team to provide feedback and direction on the software so image quality can get better and better
- Building a team of Stylists to produce visual content faster and more beautiful than anyone in the world
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10-15 years experience working as a creative lead in the home/interior design industry
- An understanding of merchandise, how it rolls up into style buckets, and how the style buckets can evolve and shift according to sales data and market trends
- A developed eye for style and photography
- Strong creative management skills and the ability to uplevel a team
- An eye towards the future, the ability to think outside of the box, and redefine the process for lifestyle imagery
- A hyper-collaborative mindset and love working alongside other teams. To be successful here, you’ll be flexible, able to move quickly and react, and thrive in figurative “gray areas”
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.