Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform with global reach. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. Through the Wish platform, we are creating a relevant, entertaining, and personalized shopping experience for each individual consumer.
Wish is looking for a full-time Inventory Accounting Manager who will work closely with other Finance team members. The Inventory Accounting Manager will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating the inventory sales and cost data, assisting with the evaluation of new inventory cost systems, and maintaining accurate inventory reconciliations and reports for the monthly evaluation by Finance.
For internal use only:
What You'll Do
- Perform or review monthly close activities related to inventory cost accounting, the related account reconciliations and the analysis of ending balances.
- Coordinate with US and Foreign departments to obtain the appropriate information and support to allow for the completion of close within the designated timeframe.
- Manage the completion of the external audit deliverables to meet audit completion deadlines.
- Maintain inventory cost reports with analytical analysis of cost that support current period trends, balances, and future financial impacts.
- Assist with the evaluation of new cost accounting systems.
- Maintain or develop accounting policies, procedures, and process documentation.
- Maintain and develop compliance relating to internal financial controls and procedures for areas of responsibility, including developing and/or updating procedures to enhance efficiency and internal controls.
- Manage and participate in accounting training and development of GL accountants.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS/Master’s in Accounting or equivalent work experience, with a CPA license preferred but is not required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ in a Manager role (Experience in the retail/e-commerce industry is preferred).
- An individual who can gather, summarize and analyze a significant amount of transactional data and make reasonable conclusions that facilitate key accounting and business decisions.
- Technical understanding of US GAAP relating to inventory cost accounting, who can summarize the proper accounting treatment and inventory processes in related memo’s, process workflows and process narratives.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting systems and the related control environment, with experience in implementing systems preferred.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment where change is constant.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system.
- Demonstrates high degree of accuracy.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Intro to Wish
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.