Senior Growth Analyst - SMB, Ecommerce and Experimentation
Product & Program Management | San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product & Program Management teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what’s best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. We partner with the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Security teams to bring the product to market.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has a strong customer-centric approach to data, analytics and experimentation for Ecommerce and SaaS businesses, and who has technical knowledge and experience with data backend infrastructure. As Senior Growth Analyst, you will take the initiative to help our team make better data-driven decisions based on actionable insights by building a framework for how we instrument and analyze the eSign product experience, Ecommerce customer journeys and experiments, specifically for individuals and small business customers we acquire via the Web and Mobile. You will be responsible for driving the vision and requirements for data modeling, telemetry and visualization, and translating them into functional specifications. You will partner with other Product Managers to ensure that we are tracking and measuring the impact of improvements in the product and Ecommerce flows. You will need a combination of creative product thinking, intense curiosity, passion for having a tangible impact on the business and our customers, and a proven skill set in using data to identify opportunities and influence organizations. In this role, you will work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Program Management and Analytics.
This position reports to the Director, Product Management, SMB Growth, Ecommerce, and Mobile
- Develop and implement a framework for how we define and measure KPIs related to the core product experience and Ecommerce flows
- Uncover actionable insights and make data-driven recommendations to the Product organization
- Establish best practices for A/B testing so that we can consistently and accurately measure the impact of changes in the product and Ecommerce flows
- Create a data-driven culture within the Product team so that we can identify issues early, make better decisions and are able to quantify the impact of our efforts
- Establish an ongoing rhythm within the Product team for monitoring key metrics and leading indicators, for identifying issues early and for resolving data related issues quickly
- Facilitate requirements definition with design and engineering partners while identifying dependencies and relative priority with other product managers
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in similar product analytics roles including Product and Marketing analytics, Big data processing and manipulation (e.g. R, Python, Hadoop, BigQuery, SQL), design and creation of dashboards and data visualization
- Ecommerce, Subscriptions, A/B testing or SaaS experience
- Experience in event analytics, tagging and instrumentation (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytic etc.) and experimentation (A/B, multivariate, ideally with Optimizely)
- Experience with data warehousing architecture, modeling, pipeline and ETL processes and tools.
- BA/BS or graduate degree in either a CS, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or another quantitative discipline
- Proven success at motivating and partnering with both Engineering and Business teams
- Experience debugging differences between client-side data layer and analytics reporting console.
- Experience stitching together client-side data across multiple sources (Optimizely + Mixpanel/Amplitude strongly preferred).
- Expertise writing, tuning and maintaining complex SQL statements.
- Expertise in a programming language (Python, Scala, Java) for statistical analysis, data pipeline management, and analytics implementation.
- Experience with Application Insights Analytics tools (i.e., New Relic and Kusto)
- Experience using Qlick/Tableau.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.