Algolia is looking for a Corporate Controller who can bring a top of the class approach to accounting and tax processes, both in Europe (France and UK) and in the US. You will oversee the general accounting function, including intercompany accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
You will also provide technical accounting guidance and support to all company entities, along with making sure that our financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and local regulations and directives.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Perform and manage the monthly and quarterly close processes, including reporting and reviews with key stakeholders to ensure integrity of the financial statements
- Maintain and manage accounting policies and processes around payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, consolidation and reporting, including journal entries, reconciliations, projections, closing, statements and schedules
- Manage Revenue Recognition processes (under ASC606 and IFRS15)
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Accountable for ensuring that internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Monitor, evaluate impact and implement new accounting standards (both US GAAP and IFRS) and regulatory requirements
- Anticipate and evaluate business needs to make sure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company’s growth
- Prepare quarterly accounting reports and presentations
- Coordinate the planning and execution of annual audits with external auditors
- Supervise the completion of tax reporting requirements, insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation
- Manage accounting teams in all company entities
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 8-10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business. CPA/DECF preferred.
- Prior management experience
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines, multi-task and manage simultaneous priorities across different time zones
- Strong organizational skills, autonomy and high level of ownership
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work in a hands-on management capacity
- Knowledge of Netsuite
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in the Saas industry
- Experience bringing a private company public
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Quadratus
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours