At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design brand and customer experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The Client Executive at AKQA works in a multidisciplinary environment to develop client relationships and team morale. They demonstrate initiative in service to clients and team, and quality and thought into the work, with an acute attention to detail. Good organizational skills are required to keep abreast of the current market and to juggle multiple client needs simultaneously. Effective presentation and negotiation skills are necessary to deal effectively with Clients and the AKQA team.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and change, able to focus on the smallest detail as well as drive a team to project completion, keeping the big picture in sight.
The Client Executive reports into the Account Director.
- 1-4+ years Agency experience
- Supports the onsite client lead with all stages of account planning, scheduling, communication, and reporting to ensure the highest level of quality is met
- Maintain daily contact with junior/mid-level Clients to monitor and maintain work for effective results
- Recommends and develops Client communications
- Present effective Agency point-of-views and recommendations both orally and written
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing as well as the Client’s business and industry dynamics
- Provide detailed weekly reports, working with AKQA Program Manager, account leads, agency finance department, and client
- Support recruitment efforts including but not limited to, interacting with recruiters, schedule and follow up on interviews, provide updates and reports accordingly
- Participate in client meetings, draft contact reports and action items, follow up on execution of actions with the involved
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Is able to communicate (verbal/written) program or project objectives and strategy for all owned projects
- Is able to lead team discussions regarding client insights and recommendations
- Demonstrates functional knowledge of AKQA services, as applicable to current client work
- Participates actively and knowledgeably articulates status in team and/or client interactions
- Demonstrates value to the client on programs and builds a rapport
- Manages relationships with partners/vendors, to ensure objectives are met
- Refines client management techniques (managing client feedback, recognize when to push back, recognizing etc.)
- Leads or assists in the development or communication of schedules, contact reports, etc.
- Understands where to go internally for different aspects of the business
- Takes ownership of deliverables with a sense of urgency and facilitates communication effectively across internal teams and vendors
- Is organized, with strong attention to detail and quality & is able to prioritize tasks, multitask and manage time effectively
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.