Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio global Sales team is growing and we’re in need of a motivated and adaptable individual to support our senior sales leadership as Chief of Staff. As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the SVP of Sales. The Chief of Staff will handle day-to-day management of personnel to allow the SVP of Sales to focus on growing our business. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of Twilio.
- 5+ years’ executive level experience
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Strong analytical skills and adept at using key data, CRM and reporting tools
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field a plus
- Act as an adviser to the SVP Sales and senior management team and as a proxy when needed and where appropriate
- Assist the SVP Sales in facilitating effective decision-making
- Organize and coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives, delivery of new programs and resolution of issues
- Participate in regular meetings with HR, Finance, Sales Ops, Legal and various other teams at Twilio to assist in addressing issues, building plans and delivering programs
- When requested, assess inquiries directed to the SVP Sales, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Ensure all Sales Leadership team issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved
Your leadership will be critical to the success of this mission.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST