Everlane's Chief People Officer will be a strategic thought partner for the leadership team and responsible for leading all HR functions and facilities. As Everlane continues to grow and scale, the Chief People Officer will assess, design, and align the team to support business goals and objectives. S/he will foster a culture of collaboration, hard work, and a passion for excellence. They will report to and work closely with our CEO.
As the organization evolves and expands, the Chief People Officer will implement programs and infrastructure that can scale across a diversified workforce. They must have the ability to maintain the flexibility of a start-up culture and act nimbly in balancing short-term and long-term objectives while employing a bias for action. They will need to be trusted by the employees and respected by leadership. A passionate leader, the CPO will inspire the current HR team - people operations, recruiting, and facilities.
- Organizational Assessment & Design: Educate, advise and influence business leaders on organizational design, organizational development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews and change management
- Learning and Development: Create learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales
- Culture and Employee Experience: Define and drive a culture that embodies Everlane’s values that reward, promote and encourage high performance throughout the organization. Ensure cultural consistency as Everlane grows and scales, and set up infrastructure to manage through change and maintain the level of trust and transparency across levels and functions that exist today
- Talent: Optimize and scale the overall team and process for recruiting, including team structure, candidate evaluation processes, interview best practices, candidate follow-up, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy
- Compensation and Benefits: Develop and manage a competitive, contemporary compensation program by completing regular market analysis, designing pay structures, conducting cost analyses and effectively implementing improvements
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A track record of success combined with leadership experience in a high-growth organization
- A proven track record of creating and implementing high-quality people programs and strategies that can scale
- Expertise in organizational design and succession planning
- Excitement to get your hands dirty and have the talent and energy to help take Everlane to the next level while embodying its values and culture
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and you a strong desire to build strong relationships across the organization
- The ability to challenge the status quo and deploy innovative practices to drive process improvement and results
- Proven to be thoughtful in balancing short-term and long-term objectives while employing a bias for action
- The ability to work well under pressure while dealing with multiple competing priorities
- Already a fan of the Everlane spirit
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.