Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young people to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Buyer to lead the assortment and merchandise stories for our retail locations. This role will be responsible for developing and executing everyday and seasonal merchandising strategies, finding and building relationships with new vendors, negotiating product costs and terms, and identifying and recommending new products and trends.
As a Buyer you will own and drive every aspect of your business and will be measured against assortment, sales, margin, and inventory goals. You will report to the Head of Merchandising and partner closely with our inventory planning, visual merchandising and creative teams to create a world-class product assortment and shopping experience at our retail locations.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a buyer and/or inventory planner at a fashion retailer. Further, the ideal candidate should be able to balance the creative and analytical aspects of a fashion buyer role and be comfortable negotiating with large and small vendors.
In this role you will be a critical member of the team and have an immediate and measurable impact on Dolls Kill's growth. Ready to get started?
- Drive sales, conversion, margin, inventory turn and other web KPIs including category conversion, exits/bounce rates, abandon cart, and AOV
- Create and execute category and SKU-based assortment and merchandising plans for the shoes business on dollskill.com
- Manage our existing vendor base and seek out new partnerships
- Collaborate with inventory planning to forecast and execute initial buys, manage re-orders, and conduct markdowns to ensure the productivity of our inventory investments and protect our margins
- Drive seasonal product planning by finding and leveraging trends in color, prints/patterns, and lifestyles
- Spot emerging and declining trends through competitive shopping, historical sales and web analytics data, vendor relationships, and market research. Develop sound business strategies to capitalize on and avoid being late to enter and exit these trends
- Work with our marketing and creative teams to create seasonal marketing strategies and promotions
- Conduct weekly and quarterly business reviews to track and analyze merchandising results
- Monitor and use merchandising analysis and site analytics data to drive decisions
- Identify and recommend new product and trend opportunities and partner with our internal/external design partners to develop new products
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years of experience as a buyer at a fashion retailer
- Track record of creating and implementing assortment and merchandising strategies and P&L management, preferably in a growth business
- Expert in retail math and clear understanding of P&L and e-commerce measurements and how to interpret them
- Familiarity with domestic and import apparel production processes and timelines
- Proven results negotiating with vendors to improve costs, reduce lead times, and secure exclusive styles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt them for different audiences: vendors, internal partners, stakeholders and leadership
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong Excel skills
- Adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, startup experience preferred
- Self-starter who can manage multiple priorities at once and learn new things with little oversight
- eCommerce experience strongly preferred but not required