Business Intelligence Engineer
Quid builds software that augments human intelligence. We're defining a new market and pioneering technology that helps strategic thinkers make decisions in a fraction of the time. Quid algorithms reveal patterns in large, unstructured datasets and then generate beautiful, actionable visualizations.
Our mission: We power human intuition with machine intelligence, enabling organizations to make decisions that matter.
See our product in action:
- What are upcoming tech trends in the automotive industry?
- What are diabetes patients' top needs?
- What’s the cigarette of our generation?
- Who is leading innovation in fintech?
Quid is looking for a BI Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team. As the bridge between the Analytics and Data Infrastructure teams, you’ll be diving deep into our vast incoming data streams, crafting structured schema, and presenting data to the right stakeholders to impact decisions across the company. You will help improve access to data across the organization and guide our interpretation of results. You are equal parts strategist, analyst, and educator. You love working with data and excel at using your technical skills to solve strategic problems.
- Own analytics data warehouse and BI tools, including the architect and population of data, schema design, data quality, and performance
- Oversee data pipeline of logs and maintain analytics database schema in Redshift
- Partner with User Research, Product, Engineering, and Business Intelligence to improve our analytical capabilities
- Ensure ongoing accuracy and completeness of data by creating data tests, rainforest test and scrubbing info as needed
- Develop across our ETL pipeline, from logging events through to delivering data products to end users
- Maintains data dictionary
- Identifies and introduces new data sources, prototype new BI tools to streamline work, improve reporting, or unlock new insights for decision makers
- Support overall BI / Ops team projects as needed with analytics requests
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4 - 5 years related work experience, preferably in Data Engineering, Data Science, Business Intelligence or Product Analytics
- Knowledge of SQL, Redshift, and Python is required
- Experience with ETLs and database performance optimization
- Experience in Looker and Salesforce is a plus
- Experience working with product data for an internet tech or software company a big plus
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and adept communicator
- Comfortable with command line
Please note before submitting your application: As a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Quid may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or onsite interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process with whom we identify a potential fit.
Quid is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.