Do YOU have a passion for working with Data? Do you love working in machine learning, real-time analytics, or Big Data? Interested in learning and utilizing different technologies without limitation? We are looking for a Data Expert that will help our clients evaluate and implement big data and advanced analytics solutions in the Cloud and on-premise. At Clarity Insights, we specialize in providing Data & Analytics expertise that result in real and measurable business outcomes. We are passionate about data, problem solving and driving value to make a difference with our clients.
Clarity Insights is the largest independent professional services firm focused exclusively on data analytics solutions. Our Data Strategy Practice is expanding and looking to develop in multiple US Regions. Clarity’s Delivery Practices have one vision: to drive better business outcomes through data and analytics. We provide data analytics advisory consulting services. We believe that nothing sells like great delivery, and are committed to our people and client delivery excellence. With continuing, aggressive growth plans for the next five years, Clarity is seeking outstanding data analytics leaders to successfully qualify, propose, close and lead client solution delivery.
As a Business Data Analyst at Clarity Insights you will work with technical implementation teams to ensure business requirements are fulfilled and work with end users and technical implementation teams to establish and test user acceptance criteria. You will troubleshoot and provide end user support for Data Implementations. You will also have experience in partial to full lifecycle Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Business Intelligence, Information Delivery, and Data Analytics Solution Implementations.
- Responsible for participating in requirements, gathering process for data integration, data analytics and/or information delivery solutions
- He/she will document business, functional and technical requirements
- Will produce source to target data mapping documents and will profile data as input to source to target transformation rules.
- Will profile data as input to source to target transformation rules
- Produce and provide input towards reporting wire-frames
- 7+ years of experience in the industry and familiarity with various products and lines of business
- Strong quantitative ability in statistics, mathematics, or financial analysis
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Informatica and Datastage
- Ability to develop complex SQL in an Oracle, Netezza, SAS, Teradata and/or other MPP platforms
- End user experience with Informational Delivery tools such as, Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, and Qlikview
- Formal education and experience in hypothesis development and testing, research methods, and statistical modeling
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to distill complex business issues into easily understandable terms for a variety of audiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability and willingness to engage in many different and simultaneous tasks
- Desire to learn and mentor others via hands-on, apprenticeship model
- Prior consulting or client service experience (internal or external) also preferred
- Unix or Big Data experience also preferred
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ years work experience
- MBA, CPA, CFA, or CPCU also preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Travel to the client on a weekly basis is required. Normal weekly schedule is M-TH travel to client location (U.S. based)
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers and much more. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.