1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
The mission of the business analytics team is to ensure the entire company understands business performance and trends, and to empower all business teams to make good decisions with data. This is a new team that will bridge the gap between data science and business teams and play a critical role in driving Scribd's next stage of growth.
About You:You are a business analytics leader who is excited to be a founding member of this newly formed team. You are highly analytical, love solving ambiguous business problems through numbers and equations. You have great business intuition that helps you create actionable insights from data, and you know how to distribute the data in a digestible, information-rich way.
- Work hands-on in the data, using SQL, Tableau and other tools to extract, analyze, and visualize data.
- Keep the company up to date on overall business performance through dashboards and regular company updates.
- Partner closely with product, growth, content, marketing, finance, and other business teams to arm them with the data and deep insights they need to make great decisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to determine the highest business priorities and opportunities.
- Define and maintain common metric definitions across the business.
- 3+ years experience with quantitative data analysis.
- Strong SQL experience, familiarity with Excel and BI tools.
- Plus if you have experience with Tableau.
- BA/BS degree in math, stats, CS, physics or equivalent experience.
- Highly analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data.
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.