Billing Specialist II
As one of America’s largest contractors, specifically focused on electrical construction projects, what we do is important, but how we do it is what makes us different. At Cupertino Electric Inc., we focus on relationships, transparency, and results—not fancy buzzwords and empty promises. Our values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, and Safety are reflected in how we treat one another, how we interact with customers, how we think about our business, and how we approach problems. We believe that building great communities is just as important as building great projects—and reflect that with our generous giving and volunteering programs.
We are offering this exciting opportunity to join our Accounting & Finance Division working on complex billing tasks for our 65-year-old company with over one billion dollars in annual revenue, and a workforce of over 3,000. CEI's Accounting & Finance team is robust with nearly 50 professionals on staff. This position reports to the Billing Manager and is responsible for preparing customer invoices in accordance with contractual agreements. This role ensures that our progress billings, change orders, and compliance documents are submitted accurately and timely to our customer. Our Billing Specialists researches and resolves billing issues, customer inquiries and overall management of project billings to ensure that we are reimbursed timely. This position assists the Billing and AR Manager to timely collect payments on outstanding receivables. Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately set-up projects in JDE by reviewing contracts for billing requirements.
- Prepare monthly project billings for our projects and submit to Project Manager for review and approval.
- Prepare weekly draft invoices as needed with required supporting documentation for Project Manager’s review and approval.
- Troubleshoot and resolve billing discrepancies as directed by Project Manager.
- Prepare conditional and unconditional lien waivers for our Billings to customer.
- Ensures that all compliance documents for Billing purposes are current.
- Coordinate with Project Manager for any revised billings and making necessary adjustments to invoices and retention adjustments.
- Maintain proper job files to provide support for job audits.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by Billing Manager.
- Monitor the Accounts Receivable report and support the collection of payments on outstanding invoices.
- Communicate with Project Manager and customer on status of payment and update AR report.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or higher preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in billing/accounting in a construction setting billing-related role preferred
- Experience with various billing methods including Time & Material, Cost-Plus Billing, and Lump Sum
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Teams, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- JDE experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion
- Employ problem-solving skills and report problems timely and to the appropriate person
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Good communication skills- verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively with project managers, customers, co-workers and executives
- A driven self-starter that takes initiative, is driven and results oriented and follows through on existing commitments