We are looking for amazing people diverse in thought, perspective, and culture to join our team. We check our egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, work hard, move fast, and support each other. If that sounds like fun to you, please apply!
DATA ENGINEER, BIG DATA
We are looking for engineers who are excited about building distributed data pipelines. We want you to help us shape our internal and external brand-new data warehouses, leveraging the latest advances of big data processing: a combination of Kafka Streams, Hadoop, and traditional RDBMS.
- Be a part of our local San Francisco (Financial District) big data team and be a part of an overall Data Organization spanning multiple offices.
- Maintain and incrementally improve existing solutions.
- Get to build brand new pipelines with the technology stack including Spark, Spark Structured Streaming, Kafka, Hadoop, MySql, Python.
- Work with senior engineers who can help you learn and grow with the focus on Big Data technologies in a small dynamic team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Understanding of distributed system fundamentals.
- Experience in developing data pipelines that are used in production environments.
- Demonstrated professional experience working with various components of Big Data ecosystem: Spark/Spark Streaming, Hive, Kafka/KSQL, Hadoop (or similar NoSQL ecosystem), et. al, in a production system.
- Strong software engineering skills with Python.
- Knowledge of some flavor of SQL (MySQL, Oracle, Hive, Impala), including the fundamentals of data modeling and performance.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE
- Skills in real-time streaming applications.
- Knowledge of Scala.
- A development workflow using Docker containers.
- Compulsion for automating your day-to-day processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Ability to see your direct impact on a high visibility project.
- An opportunity to both create new projects and help improve the existing big data pipelines.
- Work in a mature, private, nationally-known company with a CEO approval of 85% on Glassdoor and a positive atmosphere in our San Francisco tech team.
- 401K plan with employer matching.
- Commuter pre-tax contributions.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days.
- Health plan.
- In-office snacks.
- Organized team events.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.