VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
An auctioneer starts the auction in their assigned lane and presents the objects up for bidding. They provide description of the object that’s up for bid and announces every bid coming in. The auctioneer manages the entire bidding process and declares the winning bidder when the highest bid is not outbid.
- Appraises article and determines or asks for starting bid.
- Describes merchandise and gives information about item, to encourage bidding.
- Continues to ask for bids, attempting to stimulate buying desire of bidders.
- The Ringman help keep the momentum of the auction fast paced and the items moving.
- Closes sale to highest bidder.
- May be required to travel to other auctions.
Focus on Client
- Focus on Client - Promoting and living client service as a value. Ensuring that the (internal or external) client’s needs are a driving force behind priorities, decisions, processes, and activities.
- Drive Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and sense of urgency for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Develop self and/or others
- Develop Self and/or Others - Planning and supporting the development of knowledge, skills, and abilities to fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Champion Change - Actively engaging and supporting change and innovation by communicating the future-state, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Value Others - Gaining other people’s trust by “doing the right thing”, demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, supporting an inclusive work environment and acting in accordance with legal, moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines in support of our values.
Education & Specialized Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- License from an Auction school preferred
- Strong, confident speaking voice
- A passion for sales
- Self-confidence and certitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- A Minimum of 5 years of auctioneer experience in the auto industry required.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.