Associate - Los Angeles / San Francisco, September 2022
We are a global life-sciences management consultancy, specializing in strategy and competitive analysis. We provide innovative, best in class strategy consulting and competitive insights for industry leaders who define, lead and inform brand, franchise and corporate management in life science organizations.
We are looking for talented individuals with a strong background in life sciences to help support the growth and expansion of our US offices.
As an Associate at Deallus, you will serve as a key member of project teams, conducting both primary and secondary research, analyzing findings and generating insights in line with client objectives. Gaining client exposure from the start, this role is ideal for individuals looking to progress their career within the life sciences consulting sector.
Research and Analysis
- Conducts primary and secondary research using a range of sources.
- Analyses research findings to generate insights against the client objective and context.
- Attends conferences, conducting primary research to gather information for specific projects as required.
- Supports the production of client deliverables by preparing specific elements of the final client report.
- Attends client meetings and presentations, presenting key elements where applicable.
- Manages sub-contractors or project work streams as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities on current projects for potential future projects and flags these with the Project Manager / Client Lead.
- Supports the development of proposals and other internal initiatives as required
Key Technical Skills / Experience:
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Possessing an undergraduate or graduate degree in life sciences, or a relevant field.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
Key Behavioral Skills:
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate effectively and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Team player; able to work effectively as part of diverse and virtual teams and build relationships both internally and externally.
- Possesses a learning mindset; able to learn quickly and demonstrates a passion for learning.
- Able to work to own initiative with little direction.
- Excellent attention to detail; demonstrates a completer finisher mindset.
- The role holder is expected to be able to progress within Deallus and thus must be driven and have the desire and potential to develop strong client facing skills.
- Aligned to Deallus values: Collaboration; Curiosity; Passion; Resilience; Winning Mindset
- Experience: 0 1+ years in life science consulting (i.e. biotech / pharma)
- Degrees: BSc, MSc, MBA, MPH or PhD in life sciences or related fields
- English required
- Fluency in European languages (particularly French, Spanish, German, Italian), Japanese or Chinese appreciated
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Deallus is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from candidates irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, marital status, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
If you have any further questions, please contact: email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday April 18th
First stage telephone interviews to take place starting April 25th
Assessment Center Days:
May 12th - 18th