Associate Field Services Tech Manager - San Francisco
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Associate Field Services Technology Manager, you will provide IT and Telecom leadership to the properties for the hotel(s) within the region including effectively communicating, managing, and delivering IT and Telecom Systems and procedures that align with Corporate and Brand IT and Telecom standards. You will manage project plans, ensuring that the implementation and upgrades of major systems will be completed on time and within financial guidelines.
You will support the hotel with business solutions using Technology including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure efficient performance. You will also be responsible for problem-solving in a timely and accurate fashion and providing end-user training and assistance.
More specifically you will:
- Research and identify business opportunities for technology and report findings and conclusions to upper management
- Evaluate property needs and technology solutions to improve profit and/or efficiency while handling initiatives within parameters
- Maintain documentation on the team site for each assigned hotel property in the region
- Prepare a status report of all activities in the hotels within the cluster as requested
- Participate in Executive Committee, departmental, and operations meetings as appropriate
- Attend periodic regional Field Services team meetings
- Work within the constraints of each property IT funding as prepared by regional Field Services leaders
- Set up and maintain computer software and hardware for Team Members
- Advise, set up, maintain, and service property servers; including backups, property LAN performance, telecom systems, workstations
- Be the administrator for hotel systems; support the IDM Administrator; assist with registration as the need arises
- Work with HSC and all vendors to ensure the timely resolution of IT issues as appropriate
- Act on support calls passed by HSC for systems and applications not supported by HSC or that require onsite activity by the Field Services team
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Proper use of network monitoring tools to perform a periodic health check of systems
- Being able to handle and monitor PBX system performance to assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications
- Coordinate multi-functionally and meet deadlines
- Lead and solve entire communications system to resolve if a problem is telephone hardware or cable
- Handle the testing and evaluating of hardware and software to ensure efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs while being responsible for the correction of PBX alarm conditions
- Deliver training to new users, relocate existing users with telephone extensions, calling features, voicemail, and access codes
- Review monthly cell phone usage and equipment, ensure that the most efficient plans available are utilized
- Supervise proper controls to ensure hotels follow SOX, PCI, and PABP security requirements
- Review and evaluate systems to ensure hotels follow corporate and brand standards
- Ensure and carry out objectives and business initiatives are being followed
- Implement and manage departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of the department are in accordance with department and company objectives
- Maintain effective partnerships with preferred vendors, corporate IT, hotel Team Members
- Handle the department’s progress and advise on key issues to facilitate decision making
- Support the Culture of Learning initiatives and other organizational training
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) years of experience in Technology or a related field
- Two (2) years working in the IT Hospitality industry or a related IT field with customer-facing responsibilities (Telecom, Technology, etc.)
- Two (2) years working in a professional technical support environment
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus six (6+) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus twelve (12+) years of Technology related experience
- One (1) year experience managing projects or technical implementations
- Microsoft or Cisco certifications
- Experience administering Windows in mid-to-large server environments
- Experience with network infrastructure
- Experience with these Hospitality related applications and systems: PMS, POS, Keycard, PBX, and Voicemail
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.