The Assistant Designer provides creative and practical support to the Women's Design team through all aspects of the product life cycle, from initial concept to final pre-production prototypes. This person needs to be proficient in following design direction in a timely manner and will build an understanding of each product and how it performs. The Assistant Designer should exhibit attributes of a good team member. This person needs to be open to feedback from peers and leaders and take action on the feedback. This person plays a key supporting role in line with the overall product strategy. This position will report to the Designer and Design Director.
- Provide support in the day to day activities that maintain design team functions
- Organize personal work streams and deliver work that meets objectives within deadlines
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for milestone meetings
- Assist design team with flat technical sketches and preparation of tech packs
- Review lab dips with supervisor and send comments to vendors
- Perform other duties as required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design (or equivalent experience and education)
- Elevated taste level and keen eye for color, trend and detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude with creative thinking skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative attitude
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.