Asset Protection Lead
About the Role
In this role, you will embody Do The Right Thing by protecting People, Assets, and Brands. You will work in an energized, fast paced environment focused on creating a safe environment for our employees, teams, and customers; this is critical to driving our Brand Power, Enduring Customer Relationships, and exuding our commitment to Team and Values. Youll need to understand the big picture strategy and work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
You are charged with identification and mitigation of external theft and fraud trends within a specific market and group of stores. This role will conduct investigations focusing on Habitual Offenders, high impact external theft/fraud incidents through the use of company technology (CCTV, Incident Reporting, Data Analysis). This role directly teaches and trains Store Leaders and Brand Associates in the safe practices of effectively handling external theft events and the use of the Company Case Management and Reporting systems.
This role regularly interacts with State/County/Local Law Enforcement in developing comprehensive and detailed cases pertaining to habitual and aggressive offenders and provides expertise to and influences Law Enforcement Agencies to assist in the safe apprehension of these offenders. This role will represent the Company and will regularly interact and assist Prosecuting Attorneys Offices to prosecute cases that meet State and Local standards.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for managing the External Investigative process by identifying trends, habitual offender activity, and fraud through data analysis and incident reporting
- Collaborate with Gap Inc cross functional teams to develop localized plans and efforts to address high impact cases
- Proactively monitor controls to identify potential causes of habitual offender activity within specific locations.
- Support AOR Internal Investigations in cooperation with the (Sr) LPM and/or Gap Inc Internal Investigations Team
- Effectively communicate and partner (teach, coach, and inspire) throughout area of responsibility to execute LP, safety, and operations.
- Work closely with all levels of employees to communicate external trends by reinforcing customer service and incident reporting.
Who You Are
- Ability to provide Loss Prevention leadership to drives results, coach and develops direct reports, collaborate and lead execution through others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors
- Time management and ability to prioritize /multi task
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors