Requisition Number: SS-17097
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About the Team
You will be part of the Information Security team responsible for overall data, systems and technology security for Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Information Security is part of the Technology organization, and partners with all aspects of the business to protect customer and corporate data and systems from theft, deliberate damage, misuse or accidental loss, while optimizing customer experience and associate effectiveness.
The goal of our Application Security program is to implement security-by-design across our software delivery portfolio. Our job is to ensure that every WSI associate and customer has the best experience possible when using our systems, without compromising system and data security, or violating our compliance obligations.
The core responsibility of the Application Security Architect is to ensure our software engineering teams deliver applications that meet the security needs of our business, while continuing to meet quality, resiliency and scalability demands. This will be achieved through developing, socializing and tracking adherence to good design and coding standards, application and enhancement secure design reviews, ongoing improvement of automated security testing in our CI/CD pipeline, penetration testing (in partnership with Security Engineering and Compliance) and ensuring remediation steps for critical security findings are integrated into revised secure design and coding standards (closed loop controls).
Our customer success is paramount to the organization's success and ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience is key. We are committed to providing an inclusive work structure where our business partners, peers and solution providers are a part of the vision, roadmap and strategy.
About the Role
In the Application Security Architect role, you will be responsible for developing the multi-year strategy for Williams-Sonoma's application security tools, processes and standards. You will work with other architects and our software delivery teams to ensure all our applications are designed, implemented and deployed to meet the security requirements of our business.
This role reports to the Chief Information Security Officer.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Develop security practices leveraging cutting edge technologies
- Implement best practices, standards and a road map for security-by-design
- Create policies, standards and procedures
- Train and mentor other Security and Technology team members
- Work with architects, principal engineers and compliance leaders to ensure we delivery and operate secure applications
- Review application and enhancement designs and code to ensure our teams are following security standards and best practices
- Select or design and deliver secure, re-usable application components, services and libraries
- Partner with a cross functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy
- Have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with our people to get things done
- Publish Build-To and review the As-Built documentation for current and new security and compliance related design concepts and standards.
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions.
- Think and act strategically. Stay abreast of trends and advances in application and security solutions and monitor changes that affect information security and compliance.
- Research, design, and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security standards, products and technologies.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries, and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
- You work well in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- You have strong capabilities in authoring technical documentation including HLD/LLD/NIP
- You have the ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives required
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy on the internet
- Demonstrated ability to build and execute complex security designs, strategies to support secure and compliant architecture and software development, as applicable to both on-premise and cloud infrastructures
- Leadership characteristics as shown by a history of inspiring and motivating people to a common purpose at all levels within a company. Ability to gain immediate credibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and develop lasting, productive and collaborative relationships
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS regulatory issues and implementation best practice
- Knowledge of full-stack web application technologies
- Ethical hacker training and/or certification, or interest in learning ethical hacking preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience
- At least ten years progressive work experience in information security and technical fields
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to exhibit a leadership presence when necessary
- Proficiency in multiple software engineering, UI and scripting language
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous delivery principles and tooling
- Experience in and commitment to agile software delivery principles and practices
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills sufficient to solve complex design problems, troubleshoot issues, and specify critical controls to measure project and program success
- Knowledgeable in application security trends, products and tooling
- Knowledge of theory and principles of application architecture
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Quarterly sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored walks and runs
- Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Architecture, Corporate Security, Engineer, Retail Sales, Security, Engineering, Retail