Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We are seeking an Android engineer to join our growing Product Engineering team. Our initial mobile applications are lightweight wrappers around our web implementation, and we have decided to rebuild them from the ground up as fully-native mobile applications. Our product is uniquely positioned to help millions of people with their healthcare decisions, and we want to bring those capabilities to mobile in a fast, accessible, and intuitive way.
In this role, you will play a key role in the implementation and launch of the Android application. You will closely partner with our mobile lead, product managers, and designers on application design, user experience, developer workflows, deployment strategies, and testing on the native mobile applications.
You are excited about breaking ground on a brand new code base, being on a growing high performance team, collaborating on the standard of quality for mobile development, strategizing how we deliver impact for the business, and executing on the vision of world-class mobile applications.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Gain an understanding of our infrastructure, architecture, and deployment workflows
- Come up to speed with current thinking on business impact, product vision, and technology expectations of delivering world-class mobile applications
- Become a member of an Agile team, working closely with product and design to deliver on foundational functionality for the mobile application
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Participate in Engineering Demo Days where engineers highlight progress made in the last iteration
- Take part in peer code reviews and code pairing
- Deliver core features for members on mobile experiences
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Become a valued resource on our team by helping other engineers troubleshoot problems, pair through code sessions, and wow your peers with creative approaches to complex problems
- Actively participate in the hiring of a motivated, talented group of mobile engineers
- Contribute to longer term strategy of creating frictionless and performant mobile experiences for our growing member base
- Build, test, and deploy user experiences in our Android application
- Measure and optimize the performance of the Android application at scale
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers on planning and implementing frictionless user experiences
- Work with the team to continue development of best practices
- Be self motivated with the ability to make smart decisions and ask questions when necessary
- Bachelors or Masters in EE or CS, or relevant experience
- 2+ years of professional Android development
- Experience building complex Android applications
- Command of the Kotlin and Java languages
- Exceptional technical communication skills
- Experience integrating and leveraging external services for purposes such as user analytics, feature flagging, and authentication
- Solid understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards
- Thorough understanding of RESTful API and application design
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.