Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Intercom, Dropbox, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Y Combinator, Serena Williams, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
Are you here to remove obstacles for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds to access life-changing, future-proof jobs? Are you excited to build the admissions platform for the vocational school of the future? Do you look forward to building a world-class team at a rapidly growing startup, and building for users whose professional lives depend on your product?
If you answered with a spirited “Yes!” to all the above, we’d love to have you join our flock!
As a key leader on the Admissions team, you will be critical to Flockjay’s ongoing success and growth, as well as the success and growth of our students. You will combine inbound & outbound sales skills with coaching, training and development to identify, nurture, and support prospective Flockjay students. You will use your analytical horsepower to build admissions forecasting for our classes, and use your top-tier communication skills to report on progress, while managing internal stakeholders across teams.
In this role you’ll report to our CEO & Founder, work closely with other team leads, and be based out of our sunny SF office.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver on key admissions funnel metrics and ensure success for each admissions team member
- Coach, train, and support the admissions team to manage complex opportunity pipelines to meet and exceed bookings targets
- Manage and provide impactful feedback to each admissions team member on an ongoing basis
- Build process, documentation, and execute group training in product knowledge, technical and functional skills (call flow/Sales 101, sales event best practices)
- Supervise onboarding and training of new remote admissions representatives
- Provide regular, accurate class forecasting to inform decision-making
- Manage tight communication on admissions and non-admissions team issues, including collaboration with training team to ensure program success
What You'll Bring:
- Connectivity — you have a high EQ and you’re excellent at motivating potential students to see the benefits Flockjay will bring to their careers
- Proactivity — you’re motivated by the opportunity to deliver genuine value to our students and build this business, and you’re willing to dive right in!
- Adaptability — things change quickly and you’ll need to keep up!Belief - you believe in what Flockjay is doing to democratize education & access
- Prior success - 5 years of experience preferred in consultative or sales role with a proven track record of success and progression at a tech company
- Grit - you’re willing to take initiative and work autonomously knowing you have the full support of the team
- Organizational Skills - you’re able to juggle multiple initiatives with ease
- Data Skills - you’re comfortable with metrics, forecasting, and ideally Salesforce
- EQ + IQ - you’re able to quickly build relationships with others and understand their challenges or need
- Sales and people management experience required
- Preferred: 2 years of people management experience, including time spent coaching and developing direct reports
What You'll Get:
- Getting in on the ground floor of an innovative mission-first, people-first company where you'll have the support to pursue your passions
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in a well-funded startup experiencing hyper-growth
- Health and dental insurance
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- Company-provided lunches 3 days per week, team breakfast once a week, and a kitchen fully-stocked with snacks, drinks, and breakfast staples
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays
- Work from home (remote) and in-office flexibility
- Fully equipped workstation
- Dog-friendly office in downtown SF steps from BART & MUNI
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.