About the Position
We are seeking an Ad Operations Technical Lead to take TuneIn’s ad platform to the next level of performance, efficiency and reliability. This person will provide the technical backbone to our ad delivery, working closely with Ad Operations, Engineering, and Product. This Technical Lead will assist in identifying and implementing overarching technical improvements to the ad platform, ironing out issues with ad campaigns, on-boarding new ad tech vendors, and helping propose technical solutions for engineering updates and new ad product development.
What You'll Do
- Analyze, make recommendations, and implement performance and structural improvements to our ad server stack across Mobile, Web, and CE Devices
- Lead in the planning, evaluation, and on-boarding process with Product and Engineering for new ad servers, ad tech, and ad products
- Spearhead testing and implementing custom creative and technically complex campaigns, while helping to establish systems and processes to make executing these types of creative or campaigns more scalable in the long run
- Partner with Ad Operations in resolving issues related to trafficking, targeting, creative implementation, and third-party tracking
- Lead certification, testing, and troubleshooting third-party ad tech, ensuring that vendor products function correctly and perform as expected across all platforms before they are opened up to Sales
- Communicate technical issues to Ad Operations and Sales in a simple enough way that they can understand and communicate the issue to clients, and to Product and Engineering in a detailed enough way that they can best identify and resolve the issues
- Manage and maintain communication and strong relationships with external ad tech vendors
Who You Are
- Ability to solve complex problems associated with monetizing at scale (10s of millions of users) and with audio and video ads in live broadcasts from top tier content providers like ESPN, MSNBC, CNN, Newport Folk Festival and more
- 5+ years of experience in online advertising, with a preference towards trafficking, ad operations, and ad tech roles
- Experience with Google’s DFP required, and Twitter’s MoPub and AdsWizz a plus
- Working knowledge of the Programmatic and PMP marketplaces and ad networks required
- Extensive working knowledge of advertising sales and operations workflow and infrastructure
- Solid experience with Mobile and Web advertising, with Consumer Electronics a plus, and audio advertising a double-plus
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Strong experience working in Excel and data analysis for identifying trends and issues. Ability to write queries in SQL a plus
- Comfort and experience with a fast-paced start-up environment
- Desire to lead a team to build a best-in-class ad serving platform
TuneIn brings together live sports, music, news, and podcasts — hear what matters most to you! With live, on-demand and original content, we are one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world with 75 million monthly active users. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations globally and more than 5.7 million podcasts, and is available for free across 200 platforms and connected devices — our listeners can always find what they love while discovering new things. Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL, commercial-free top news networks like MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox News Talk, and a wide array of commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.